10 natural ways to protect and heal your gut – at home
Herbs are true guardians of our gut health. Plants play a key role in keeping the digestive system functioning, supporting the gastrointestinal tract, and balancing the microbiome.
MEET THE FOUNDER OF JOULE BARSToday, we’re sharing our favorite natural ways to tend to your gut flora.
Here’s what’s in our garden:
- Coconut Oil - antimicrobial, antibacterial
- Aloe Vera - anti-inflammatory, soothing
- Ginger - detoxification, warming
- Turmeric - anti-inflammatory (tip: golden milk)
- Lemon - detoxification, digestion
- Fennel - anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
- Peppermint - antispasmodic, protective
- Apple Cider Vinegar - glucose control, digestion
- Dandelion - antioxidant, prebiotic
- Kombucha - antioxidant, probiotic
Leaky gut has been linked to an array of chronic illnesses, including autoimmune diseases + mental health conditions.
Protect + heal your gut holistically.
Source: Parsley, Traditional Medicinals
At The Flower Pot®, our mission is to create a safe and reliable space for you to explore + experiment with the benefits of botanical medicine. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Youtube and LinkedIn.